End of day

At the end of each and every day
I snuggle with the setting sun
I reflect on the moments I have lived
Wondering what it is I’ve done

I don’t ponder work accomplishments
In or outside my home
I consider the lives that I have touched
And how my heart has grown

Did I choose to lift a spirit
Did I make another smile
These are the tools to measure
If my day was worth the while

If at days end I can remember
Having touched another’s soul
I did everything I needed to
Offering love is within my control

(Another re-post from my early blogging days.)

Advertisements

41 Comments (+add yours?)

1. MichelleMarie Antell
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 20:13:11

Thank you I am so very glad to hear that. My pastor said that to me he said, “Michelle if you never change a thing about yourself people love you for who you are.” I said, “Well you didn’t live in my family.” 😀 I have to say this WP family is full of encouragement and I love it!
    Thank you for being one of those that encourages me just as I am.

2. busymindthinking
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 20:33:50

Family is not always born of blood, smiles, therefore, yes wordpress is family

3. navaara
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 22:14:24

Since is sounds I am much like you and home bound, I tell my Bichon every time we go out for a moment: “Hey, you made someone smile. You did good for the whole day!” I don’t know what he thinks, but I know if I see someone smile due to Wizard’s goofy loving behavior, I feel better. Love your inspiring thoughts.

4. Cubby
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 03:36:12

“snuggle with the setting sun”…ahhh, you really make my heart melt with your words. This is another beautiful message from a beautiful woman.

5. Praveena
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 04:30:44

You are lovely Belinda !!!!

6. fibee5
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 10:01:57

You have a much better measure for life than me and i just wish i could adopt yours yet i fear i would have many days of waste.
    ‘Did I choose to lift a spirit
    Did I make another smile
    these are the tools to measure
    if my day was worth the while’
    great lines but they seem hard to live up to but then you are such an inspiring happy person you probably touch peoples lives fifteen times a day 🙂 i’m glad you write this blog and very happy that i follow it.

7. fibee5
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 10:02:56

Reblogged this on Fi's Thoughts and commented:
    Such a different way of measuring each day, it made me stop and think so i had to reblog 🙂

8. Trackback: Which character trait is the most important? | 2bitsworthofthoughts
  9. IreneDesign2011
    Feb 26, 2016 @ 20:57:08

Wow Belinda, so very beautiful 😀

10. syl65
    Feb 27, 2016 @ 03:09:26

These re-posts are real gems.. HSHBLT

11. Erika Kind
    Feb 27, 2016 @ 09:53:12

Beautiful re-post, sis! You are definitely touching hearts with who you are and I hope you always remember 💖

12. Trackback: Song of the Day | Erika Kind
  13. Writing to Freedom
    Feb 27, 2016 @ 16:45:18

Beautiful perspective Belinda. Too often I get bogged down in feeling I have to accomplish grand things in the world. Thanks for your loving reminder that who we are and how we treat people is what most matters. ❤

14. Lori Carlson