Entangled

No one warned her
In the midst of writing her love story
There were strings all about
And she could become entangled.

There was doubt, fear, betrayal
Strings of Regret all about the room
Blinded by happiness
She was also blind to the obvious.

No one warned her
So she tripped and fell
First into love
And then out of it.

As she works to untangle the mess
She sees there’s still great beauty
Not a cut or a scratch from the fall
She is unharmed.

No one warned her
Which was a good thing
Because now she knew she was capable
Of finding beauty in everything.

She just had to know where to look.

About these ads

Image

31 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Darling and Sir
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 05:32:14

Beautiful.

~ Darling

2. claudytheartist
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 05:39:09

Strings? Sounds like ropes! And I got a feeling it isn’t all true either..that is this poem here! Bet you saw beauty then also except for all those ropes..I mean strings. Belinda you are a big heart woman and there is still a bunch inside you desirable! I don’t care if you are in bed sick or not! Scoot over and let someone in! There has to be an avenue to make that happen. Do you live in the middle of no where? I had friends that lived in Canada and it looked like a cold empty place but beautiful but there were no other humans around. However I know you have neighbors. That could mean 15 miles up and over the mountains behind the creek and a 55 minute brisk walk! So……. claudy

• busymindthinking
      Feb 02, 2014 @ 05:51:46

I’ve learned a valuable lesson while being ill. It isn’t that I don’t believe I’ve something to offer – we all have SOMETHING to offer; but for now, my health comes first. I’m a tough person to date because my ability to be mobile makes it difficult. But, in due time, I’ll be back on my feet and a whole new adventure can begin. Grin

• claudytheartist
        Feb 02, 2014 @ 05:59:18

Well I am sure you realize there is someone out there right now looking for you and won’t be happy till he finds you! Hurry up! Okay? Okay! Have a great sleep… claudy tough? Right! You don’t fool me…kitten!

3. womenwhothinktoomuch
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 05:43:01

This is so beautiful.

4. MichelleMarie
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 06:35:47

B this is beautiful. I love this! You always write such beautiful words.
    I was thinking about you writing and writing your letter. I made you some art this is how I imagine your are when you are writing surrounded by lovely things and happiness.

hugs and love to you

5. Deborah
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 12:15:22

I like that these strings are gentle, she can learn to maneuver around them. They don’t constrain her, and she’s grateful for the chance she had to discover it for herself. She can now look for beauty everywhere because she knows the strings just provide a different perspective. :-)

6. finalmatch
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 15:45:32

Lovely! So fresh, I’m in love for this.

7. Lunaela
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 16:38:06

I really love your poems, they are the best I have ever seen. I usually don’t read poetry because I can’t make a connection with it. Your poetry makes me happy because I can! Thank you so much for sharing them with us :)

8. mihrank
    Feb 02, 2014 @ 19:51:23

it reminds this poem Mathilde Blind (1841 – 1896 / Germany) – Nice Poem!!

9. Mungai and the Goa Constrictor
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 18:22:31

Congratulations, Belinda! I have nominated you for another award for your tireless work and sharing your wonderful posts with us all. ~ Amelia :) http://mungaiandthegoaconstrictor.me/2013/12/16/thanks-for-the-nominations/

10. Wendell A. Brown
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 18:33:22

Wonderfully written Belinda, thanks for sharing!